Grants for 2015-2016
As a result of the community’s generosity, AFEE is funding more than $150,000 in grants for the 2015-16 school year. A significant portion of these funds will go towards transforming the existing Brookside library into an Educational Learning Center. This grant will help create a modern space that fosters and enhances collaboration among students and teachers, and will provide the technological support necessary for a 21st century learning environment. The new space also will include an area for exploring STEM topics.
Some of the other exciting grants AFEE approved for the 2015-2016 school year include:
- Introduction to Engineering, a program of The College of NJ and a key component of NJ’s Next Generation of Science Standards (Kindergarten)
- Animals & Their Habitats (1st grade)
- Earth Balloon (2nd grade)
- “Maker-Spaces:” Creativity, Discovery & Exploration Workshops (4th grade)
- MusicFirst, an online music assessment & tracking program (4th -8th grade band participants)
- Vernier Projectile Launcher (8th grade)
- Lego Robotics Club (6th-8th grades)
- Perfection on Wheels & Bounce Out the Stigma anti-bullying presentations (K – 8th grades)
Expect to hear more about these and many other grants throughout the school year.